In your building and construction projects, whatever size or value, we are able to assist you to minimise your risk, and if necessary, resolve your disputes.
S+P Lawyers, Ballina can provide assistance with:
- reviewing tender documents and building contracts;
- drafting and interpretation of contracts and special condition clauses;
- preparation of contractual or statutory warranty claims and/or responses to claims;
- managing and representation in all building related litigation matters;
- providing advice on development applications and local council matters;
- consumer and home building claims including representation in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and other relevant courts;
- handling defective and/or incomplete work claims and quantum meruit claims;
- providing advice on home building law;
- alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration; and
- debt recovery.
The absences of a valid building contract can have serious consequences (for builders, homeowners, and sub-contractors) when it comes to recovery of payment and/or enforcing a right under the contract. S+P Lawyers, Ballina can help clients make effective contract and understand contracts which may or may not be afoot. Often we assist clients with building work claims, which may arise due to:
- poor workmanship;
- failing to comply with specifications and/or the contract; or
- failing to comply with Australian building standards, or failure to make a progress payment.
After the building work is complete the builder is usually liable for the building work for specific period of time as set out in the contract or by statute. Depending on the circumstance of your matter, S+P Lawyers, Ballina are able to assist you in both negotiating an outcome, or if necessary preparing your claim.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment.